Last Updated: March 2022
We are Firstech, LLC, a Washington limited liability company (Firstech), and are the owner and operator of the website www.compustar.com and all of its subpages (collectively, the Website), the automotive products sales and support platform accessed via the Website (the Platform), including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through the Website or Platform (collectively, the Services) (Website, Platform, and Services shall be collectively referred to herein as the Technology).
This Policy describes what information Firstech collects from you, how it is used and secured, and when and to whom it may be disclosed. Please take a few minutes to review this Policy.
- Consent. If you do not consent to the terms and conditions of this Policy, you should not use any of the Technology, and notify Firstech of your refusal to consent to this Policy as instructed in Sections 11.1 and 13 below, should any Personal Information already be collected by Firstech or its agents.
- Personal Information.
2.1 Collected Personal Information. Firstech and its designated third-party agents may collect the following forms of personally identifiable information and content you provide on the Technology, or which you permit Firstech to collect from third-party websites and applications (collectively, Personal Information): (a) personal names; (b) phone numbers; (c) billing addresses; (d) e-mail addresses; (e) demographic information; (f) personal identification numbers; (g) payment information (e.g., credit card numbers, bank account numbers, etc.); (h) device identification information; (i) geolocation data; (j) preferred language and country information; (k) communications sent via the Technology; and (l) other reasonably relevant information pertaining to your use of the Technology including without limitation your Internet protocol addresses, Technology account usernames and passwords, and standard web log information.
2.2 Your Information Obligations. Firstech requires that you only provide Personal Information to Firstech, whether directly or indirectly, that is up-to-date and accurate, and that you inform Firstech of any changes or corrections to such Personal Information. You also assure Firstech that you have the right and authority to: (a) disclose such Personal Information to Firstech on the Technology; and (b) allow Firstech and its agents to collect, use, and disclose such Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
2.3 Personal Information Amendments. Firstech requires that you update and correct any Personal Information you provide to Firstech via the Technology. Should you be made aware that any of the Personal Information you have provided to Firstech is incorrect or outdated, please notify Firstech of such matters via the contact information provided in Section 13 of this Policy.
- Use of Your Personal Information. Firstech may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
3.1 Operating the Technology: Firstech may use your Personal Information in providing and operating the Technology, and promoting Technology updates and events, including without limitation communicating with you about Firstech’s promotions based on your selected preferences made on the Technology, and completing purchase transactions made on the Platform;
3.2 Analyze Industry, Market and Societal Trends: Firstech may use your Personal Information in an anonymous manner to analyze and interpret industry, market and/or societal phenomenon as directed by Firstech or its authorized parties.
3.3 Encourage and Ensure Safe Interactions Between Technology Users: Firstech may use your Personal Information to help improve the safety and reliability of the Technology, including detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm you, Firstech, other Technology users, or the general public;
3.4 Resolve Disputes and Troubleshoot Problems: Firstech may use your Personal Information to investigate or resolve any Technology-related problem or dispute, or any problem arising from your use of any of the Technology;
3.5 Enforcement: Firstech may use your Personal Information in enforcement of this Policy or any other agreement, policy, or guidelines associated with any of the Technology;
3.6 Customize, Measure, and Improve Technology User Experience: Firstech may use your Personal Information in an anonymous manner for analytical and measuring purposes to understand how the Technology is used, through use of internal or third-party analytics tools;
3.7 Communication: Firstech may use your Personal Information to interact with you directly concerning the Technology, or Firstech’s goods or service offerings; and
3.8 Fulfill Reporting and Legal Requirements: Firstech may use your Personal Information for reporting and compliance when required or requested by applicable governmental, agency, and/or law enforcement authorities.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. Firstech may disclose your Personal Information to a third party as detailed in this Policy:
(a) in furtherance of Firstech’s business operations, including without limitation assisting Technology users with search and information activities conducted via the Platform;
(b) to comply with Firstech’s legal obligations under applicable law or regulation;
(c) to enforce Firstech’s policies under this Policy, or any other policy or agreement you may be subject to pertaining to the Technology;
(d) to respond to claims that your Personal Information or other information or content violates another party’s rights; or
(e) to protect any party’s rights, property, or safety.
- Disclosed Parties. Firstech may discloses your Personal Information to:
(a) Officers, Agents, and Partners: Firstech’s officers and agents in furtherance of their duties, as well as Firstech’s business partners to whom you have purchase goods or services or have requested communications or information;
(b) Law Enforcement and Government Agencies: Applicable law enforcement bodies and government agencies in order to allow them to identify users in connection with their own investigations, mandated audits, and/or compliance activities;
(c) Vendors and Service Providers: Firstech’s service providers for: (i) the provision of IT, analytics, and/or related services relating to the Technology, (ii) payment processing, (iii) customer service activities including without limitation deliveries and customer support, or (iv) other applicable services in connection with Firstech’s provision of the Technology;
(d) Prospective Parties for Merger or Acquisition Purposes: Parties that may merge with or acquire Firstech, or finance Firstech in such activities, subject to confidentiality provisions; and
(e) Aggrieved Parties: Parties that may be victim to your illegal or unauthorized acts, specifically for identification purposes.
- Security and Storage of Your Personal Information. The security of your Personal Information is important to Firstech. Firstech will only keep your Personal Information for the purposes detailed in Section 4 of this Policy, as long as is required by law, or as is relevant for the purposes for which it is collected. Your Personal Information will be stored in the following formats and locations:
Firstech and its designated third parties employ generally accepted industry standards to store and protect your Personal Information. However, as the transmission of information over any wireless and wired networks cannot be absolutely secure, Firstech does not warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information will remain permanently secure.
- Transfer Guidance. Firstech takes measures to ensure that your Personal Information is only transferred to third parties in accordance with this Policy.
- Third-Party Websites and Applications. The Technology may contain links to third-party websites and applications that are not owned or controlled by Firstech. Firstech has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, any share functionality, content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party website or application. When using any such third-party website or application, you are subject to the terms and policies, including without limitation personal information security and storage policies, of such third-party website or application. By affirmatively consenting to this Policy, or by otherwise using the Technology, you expressly relieve Firstech from any and all liability arising from any share functionality or your use of any third-party website or application accessed from the Technology. Firstech encourages you to investigate and ask questions before you disclose your personally identifiable information to any third-party website, application, or service provider.
- Child Protection. Firstech is committed to protecting the privacy of children who use the Technology, and encourages parents and guardians to talk to their children about safe and responsible use of their information and content on the Internet. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA; 15 U.S.C. § 91 et seq.), Firstech does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. Further, none of the Technology: (a) is made available to any person under 16 years of age; (b) publishes information or content from any person under 16 years of age; and (c) is targeted to any child under 16 years of age. Any person under 16 years of age who wishes to access or use the Technology must obtain their parent or guardian’s prior consent prior to any such use.
- Privacy Disclosure Reporting. You may be entitled to request a report concerning the collection, use, and storage of your Personal Information over a previous period (Privacy Report) that:
(a) confirms whether your Personal Information has been collected and processed, and if so, the purpose for such collection and processing;
(b) the categories and types of Personal Information collected and processed;
(c) the recipients of any such Personal Information; and
(d) the envisaged period for which your Personal Information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine such storage period.
If you would like a copy of your Privacy Report, you may do so by contacting Firstech (Attn: Privacy Rights Report Request) pursuant to Section 13 of this Policy.
- User Modifications to Consent and Use of Personal Information.
11.1 Consent Modifications. Should you desire to withdraw your consent to your disclosure of Personal Information to Firstech or any party detailed in this Policy, or Firstech’s use of such Personal Information as provided herein, you may do so by notifying Firstech of consent withdrawal via the contact information provided in Section 13 of this Policy titled Attn: Personal Information Consent Modification. Firstech will use commercially reasonable measures to address your request in a timely manner.
11.2 Right to be Forgotten. Firstech respects your right to have your Personal Information erased from Firstech’s and its agents’ systems. Should you wish to have your Personal Information erased from any of such systems, you may do so by contacting Firstech titled Attn: Right to be Forgotten pursuant to Section 13 of this Policy, detailing who you are, why you wish for your Personal Information to be erased, and that you elect to have your Personal Information erased. Firstech will use commercially reasonable measures to address your request in a timely manner.
11.3 Data Portability. You also have the right to request and receive a portable version of all of your Personal Information collected and used by Firstech and its agents. Should you wish to receive a portable version of your collected Personal Information, you may do so by contacting Firstech titled Attn: Data Portability pursuant to Section 13 of this Policy, detailing who you are, and including a detailed request for a portable version of your Personal Information. Firstech will use commercially reasonable measures to address your request in a timely manner.
11.4 Data Breach Reporting; Reporting of Privacy Complaint. As a part of Firstech’s efforts to ensure your Personal Information is kept as confidential and secure as possible, and is used, processed, and transferred only in accordance with this Policy, Firstech will reasonably attempt to notify you of any breach or unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information to any third party. Conversely, should you become aware of any violation or breach of your Personal Information by Firstech or any other party, Firstech recommends that you contact Firstech about such event pursuant to Section 13 of this Policy. Conversely, you may also lodge a complaint to the following supervisory authorities concerning such event:
- Policy Changes. Periodically, Firstech may update this Policy. Firstech may post notifications of updates to this Policy on the Website or Platform, through the Services, or via e-mail to you and other Technology users. Changes made to this Policy will take effect immediately. If you do not agree to the changes to this Policy, you must discontinue your use of the Technology, and notify Firstech of the same pursuant to Section 11.1 and 13 of this Policy. Your access or use of the Technology after such Policy changes will not be permitted.
- Contacting Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or the use or collection of your Personal Information, please contact Firstech at:
21903 68th Avenue South
Kent, Washington 98032